Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I'm hoping someone has some advice. I have a 2004 Focus ZX3.

I'm trying to replace the rear turn signal bulb ( the indicator has gone turbo!!). I've removed the screw on the top side and the wingnut on the bottom side. When I try to remove the assembly, it doesn't seem to want to come off. I can hear the bolt (the one I took the wing nut off of) scraping the hole it's in.

I saw a picture on another site that looks like the assembly doesn't come completely off, just hinges on the outside, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I can't get it off without using more than moderate force and I don't want to break it.
Can anyone tell me their experience with this?

Thanks for reading.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
It has a snap tab on the top, its kind of hard to pull off, but it will pull off.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
i took mine out to replace it...it was my left side. its in the shop so i cant remember what it looks like but i know theres one on the inside of the car you twist off..i dont know if thats the wingnut you are talking about, then 2 screws on the outside

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yeah, I just replaced both my taillights and had the same issues. I removed the wingnut on the inside and the screw on the outside. It was the top corner that was a pain in the ass. I think it is some sort of spring loaded clip or something. I pulled and pulled, cussed at it, kicked my tire, and it came out, just keep pulling, it'll come out.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've taken mine of several times, and it's like b16sir1991 and PlutoJared22 said. A complete PITA, but keep pulling and it will come off. I usually put one palm along the outer side of the light, about 2-3 inches from the top and pull.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all for the feedback. I got it.

The irony is that it was easier to get it back together than it was to take it apart!!

Happy Focus-ing!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem, and was unsure to pull hard because Ford's user manual says pull gently and Haynes says pull carefully. But then I read this thread, went back to the car, pulled harder, and it came out.
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts