Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm researching a rear swaybar for my ZX3 and I need to know the diameters for the differant manufacturers. Anyone be able to come up with them for me?

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Stock: 20mm
SVT: 21mm
Progress: 22mm
Addco: Slightly bigger than 22mm
H&R: 24mm
Eibach: 25mm

·
Registered
294 Posts
Do your research well before you buy. I've seen too many people fall into the "bigger is better" trap, when it comes to sway bars. It's not that hard to overbar the Focus, which in stock form is pretty darn close to neutral handling, especially when many people only change the rear bar because the front is not as easy to do.

Simply replacing end links with poly ones will increase the effective bar size by 15-25%.

Of course whether you are a street only driver or Solo II or whatever, impacts how to approach this.

All this sticks in my mind because of a Civic driver that had lowering springs and big bars, and crashed out in front of me last summer. He couldn't understand why it was the second time he'd done it that summer. He had no clue that his susupension "improvements" were the cause. Well, his lack of driving skill probably didn't help.

Due your due dillegence before throwing down your $$$. You could very well end up with a worse handling car than you started with. Stiffer is not necessarily better.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I just picked up a SVT rear bar from a friend of mine on FJ. He upgraded to the H&R rear bar. I'm going to slap it on with poly bushings and see if it has the results I'm looking for at my next autocross. I think that combo will work fine as I need the back to kick out just a little bit easier on tight turns. Thanks for the replies guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts