Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i heard that some SPIs had sway bars, some didnt, some have the mounting points, some dont... does anyone have a pic of the mounting points, of one mounted? not sure exactly where to look

·
Registered
573 Posts
putting on swaybar

[idea] How are you doing hey there is a thing on that in the How to archive on putting one on a 07 they are pretty much the same on that. Im going to put one on my car also its an 07 and doesnt have all places to attatch it to the car but the pictures on the archive I talked about shows it pretty clear and it looks easy enough . You also might look in the (wheels tires brakes and suspension) area Ive got it saved on my computer but I cant figure how to send it to you anyway I got it off of focus fanatics web site so its on there its just finding it. several good pictures as well I think the guy that posted that was named goinloco1 on this site

·
Registered
570 Posts
is it my mistake or is the under car ones stress bars
and the top of the suspension ones sway bars??

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

I think you have that reversed N1. Swaybars under, stress bars on top

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i was guessing thats where the sway bar hooked up, but wasnt positive. i guess i do got the mounting points. im thinking of getting the svt suspension kit, but wasnt going to bother if i couldnt use the sway bars that come with it
thanks for the quick ansures

·
Registered
427 Posts
massivespeedsystem.com has a Progress Rear Sway Bar - 22mm OR 25mm Race for 129$ which is a pretty good deal! I'd go for that one!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I didnt know they had a kit for those of us with out the mounting brackets. I am thinking about getting this kit. How much difference is it between the 21mm 22mm 25mm?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I didnt know they had a kit for those of us with out the mounting brackets. I am thinking about getting this kit. How much difference is it between the 21mm 22mm 25mm?
21 mm[thumbd] -- Not much of a difference
22 mm [limp] -- street use, if you have OEM in front it's a good add on
25 mm[headbang] -- for street and track use, you keep OEM in front and put the 25 mm so you get a lot of pivot!

·
Registered
427 Posts
What do you mean by pivot. Wouldn't it be better to get a front sway bar aswell.
no cause when you race, what you want is the rear of your car to "pivot" (I don't know if it's the good word in english) but you need your rear end to "drift" a little so you can go trough chicane faster for example. The trick is to unbalance a bit the car by putting a big one at the back.
That's why they write 25 mm is for race on the massive website. [driving]

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I installed the Steeda rear sway kit on my 07. With stock suspension and a stock front bar, the difference between 0mm and 21mm is nothing to sneeze at...

·
br/o/stang
5,564 Posts
I dont know about the 21mm, but my 25mm rear bar with the steeda adaptors creaks and groans like theres no tomorrow. trying to decide if i want to weld them in place or spend the $180 on the proper rear subframe with the mounts welded on.

and yeah, these cars should all have rear swaybars, its no fun without [hihi]

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hey Buickboy, are you using the red poly bushings that came with the Steeda kit, or did the 25mm come with it's own set?

ZX5ye, try disconnecting one end of your sway, find an empty road, and do an evasive lane change at speed. Then reconnect it and try it again. You'll feel the difference...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.