Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I order some raceland coilovers and installed them this past week. And I love them! I lowered all the way down in the back with no adjuster. And front all the way down. When the car is on the ground The rear sway bar end links I think they're called are cocked up at a 45° angle. I'm thinking it needs to be flat or close to it. When I corner normal or hard it feels like the rear moves or shifts. I want it to be tight. Any help? Thanks

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Do you have a picture of this? The endlinks should be perpendicular to the ground, not at a 45.

My car is currently rather low as well and i havent noticed them being off kilter

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heres some pics

Attachments

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Your bushings look beat, order some poly ones. Yours are completely pancaked, causing the angle of how the bar attaches to be off. Also, are you missing the metal spacer that goes below the arms and the two sets of bushings?

See how much thicker and further spaced from the LCA these are:

You should be able to pick up a new set from most part stores. Moog, Energy, Prothane are all good names. Endlinks and its bushings will fit the same for all focus models from 00-11.

Also, what bar is that? It almost looks like the angle of the tabs on it are a little more extreme but that might just be the angle of your pictures and your worn bushings.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
With the car that low, the ends of the sway bar will be at a bad angle. Even the pic above with a blue sway bar, rotate that sucker up as far as your's and it will be at a similar angle.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
With the car that low, the ends of the sway bar will be at a bad angle. Even the pic above with a blue sway bar, rotate that sucker up as far as your's and it will be at a similar angle.
I dont agree, my car is rather low and the angle on my endlinks/bar is still pretty normal:

my fender heights are just under 23" f/r

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
The ends on your swarbar are not on such an angle as the other ones shown in this thread.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I agree the OP's sway bar does look like the ends are at a different angle. Mine is the same blue bar as shown in the first picture i posted though.
If the op needs to get a poly bushing kit w/ a 1- 2'' spacer in the middle to rotate the bar down some.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts