Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
For a sway bar & how they work I'd go w/ a steel one. Have you checkout a Eibach 25mm one? Or how 'bout a stock 20mm one w/ poly bushings? The Steeda 28.6mm is to stiff? Have you installed a 22-23mm front one?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For a sway bar & how they work I'd go w/ a steel one. Have you checkout a Eibach 25mm one? Or how 'bout a stock 20mm one w/ poly bushings? The Steeda 28.6mm is to stiff? Have you installed a 22-23mm front one?
Yes, I'm looking for a Eibach 25mm or a H&R 24mm, and I faced this 22mm at ebay.

I had a 21mm svt stock before the 28.6mm steeda. In my opinion the steeda is too stiff for a street daily. Also I have some concern about 28mm bar and the rear LCA's, they don't like such stiffer rear bars.

I'm using rear steeda with a stock 21mm front. The car is great at corners despite it has noticeable oversteer sometimes (as advised by steeda).

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
That steeda bar w/ a stock bar w/ rubber bushings don't go together. That steeda fatman bar needs a 22mm front bar w/ poly bushings. I run that bar w/ a Eibach 22mm front bar. Its all about balance.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That steeda bar w/ a stock bar w/ rubber bushings don't go together. That steeda fatman bar needs a 22mm front bar w/ poly bushings. I run that bar w/ a Eibach 22mm front bar. Its all about balance.
Nice. Do you have poly bushing only for sway bar or the complete set (lcas) ?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Nice. Do you have poly bushing only for sway bar or the complete set (lcas) ?
I'm running the cfm front arms w/ the 22mm eibach bar & the steeda rear bar w/ rear toe links. I don't had poly bushings in the rear arms. I'd like to see Karl at Massive to come out w/ a pr of arms to work w/ the steeda 28mm bar. W/ the Doms arms you need to run the rsb upside down & I don't know if the steeda 28mm would work. I know the stock one works. I made a post on in his section about a yr ago, seems like there is some interest for rear arms.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
BTW - Forged, yes - Aluminum finish, yes - Forged Aluminum? doubt it.

Wouldn't work right and the size isn't a big bump from SVT (1mm IIRC)

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
BTW - Forged, yes - Aluminum finish, yes - Forged Aluminum? doubt it.

Wouldn't work right and the size isn't a big bump from SVT (1mm IIRC)
For a sway bar & how they work, I'd go w/ a forged steel one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts