Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm going to be buying the steeda rear sway bar for my 14 mk3 here in about a week and i'm wondering if i should look into buying endlinks as well. I havent seen very many people upgrade them here on the forum so i'm not sure if its really necessary but thought i'd get some info anyway.

Also, does anyway know where you can find rear sway bar endlinks? i've tried searching and all i can come up with is the front sway bar endlinks.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, i cant believe i missed that on their site. thank you for posting that.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Nice, i cant believe i missed that on their site. thank you for posting that.
I'd recommend going with whiteline. It is thicker and it's not hollow like most of the competitors.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd recommend going with whiteline. It is thicker and it's not hollow like most of the competitors.
for the sway bar? or the endlinks? is the bar available on rebeldevil's website also? i have had a hard time finding whiteline stuff. i've read a lot of good things about the Steeda bar and it's cheap.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Yeah for the bar. Mike can get you the whiteline bar and endinks. Shoot him an email or message him on FB if you are friends with him. His email is [email protected] I believe.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
for the sway bar? or the endlinks? is the bar available on rebeldevil's website also? i have had a hard time finding whiteline stuff. i've read a lot of good things about the Steeda bar and it's cheap.
He also said that they are listed on the rebeldevil.com site.[like]

·
Registered
510 Posts
I honestly wouldn't bother spending the money on end links unless you somehow managed to break one of yours. The difference it would make would be minimal at best. The end links on our cars are very short, so they would need immense torque to flex. Upgrading the RSB on the other hand makes a large difference, and the white line would be a good choice.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I honestly wouldn't bother spending the money on end links unless you somehow managed to break one of yours. The difference it would make would be minimal at best. The end links on our cars are very short, so they would need immense torque to flex. Upgrading the RSB on the other hand makes a large difference, and the white line would be a good choice.
thanks for the advice.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
I have a Steeda bar and the stock endlinks work fine. However, the Steeda bar rusted crazy fast. I wasn't impressed.

Reactions: Juicedz

·
Registered
952 Posts
I have a Steeda bar and the stock endlinks work fine. However, the Steeda bar rusted crazy fast. I wasn't impressed.
Last time I was under there I've noticed that too, specifically at the links. Spring time might bring some change.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Whiteline holds up very well.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks man! i noticed it's a bit smaller and more expensive then the steeda. i'm wondering if the steeda wouldnt be the better option.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Steeda is cheaper because sway bar is hollow AFAIK. Also as the other two said there is rusting issues with the steeda. You can also get the unadjustable 22mm whiteline for $~160 IIRC. whitelines are solid and treated to prevent rust.

Reactions: Juicedz

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
White line is a little bit smaller but the fact that it's solid makes that difference negligible. Also, some people have had issues with the steeds rear sways breaking. The complaints are few and far between and very well may have been a bad batch but the possibility is still there.

·
Registered
510 Posts
As for the rusting problem, I bought my steeda bar used (it was starting to rust / bubble paint) and ended up getting it blasted and painting it with red VHT brake paint. Baked it on in the oven and it's been great ever since.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
No you can adjust how stiff they are based on the mounting point you choose. Basically you can switch it for track days and daily driving.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts