Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK this is to anyone with a '08-'11 that has done the rear SVT brake swap to their car. (Prefer info from '09 users though) Alright I recently got the brakes put onto the car but haven't had time (due to a move) to run the parking brake yet, I have heard rumors that the line provided does not fit on the '09 focus but haven't heard anything definitive on it yet.

And second when you put on the hub did you notice that the mounting holes were different sizes and did you have to get some kind of spacer to get it to sit flush? Cause the bolts to mount the hub are smaller than the mount holes on the car and as a result one side of my car is lower than the other. Ideas? Similar problems?

I would like to know what I need to do once I get the time and tools to go back under there and run the line and fix the ride height.

Thanks,
-VonKrause-

·
Registered
761 Posts
what i heard is u need to make the hole bigger cause r year has bigger bolts

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the bolts from my kit which fit the hub but were too small for the mounting point (But work), so it's on but not in a good way. But if I drill out the one on the hub and put a bigger bolt in is a good option then?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've got a 09' and did the rear disc swap with the advance trac brakes, which are pretty much the same except for the spindle and rotor size.

The e-brake cable from the SVT will fit the 09' fine; you can adjust the tightness from a nut that is on a stud under the e-brake lever's boot.

As for the difference in bolt sizes, I wrote a post about this about a year ago when I did it, and I pointed out that the bolts on the older year models were smaller. Just make sure you either use the bolts that you got with the spindles or acquire some grade 10 bolts and you will be fine. Once you tighten the bolts to spec (preferably with an impact) you will see that the spindles will not be able to move, even under the car’s weight. I've put over 50K miles on my car since the swap and have yet to have any problems, and I should note my car sits level on all 4 wheels!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
theres a how-to in the wheels/tires section i believe. i remember the guy drilled the spindle holes out and re-tapped them.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet, thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts