Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly I didn't have my camera when we did the install but I know Paul (SleepyBoy) did and did take some pictures. So when you get a chance could you post those up please. Well it wasn't an all too pleasant process getting these things on but it was a straight forward process. Want to thank Fordtec again for getting these out to me and now that they are on I love em. Only issues so far were needed to get new pads, which we found out after installation, and still need to get the parking brake hooked up. We kinda ran outta time during the installation sooooo, thank goodness for being able to put it in gear. I <3 my 5 speed. Anyway here are a few pics of it installed.

And they already match the fronts.

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
i have no clue how i got here. but im jealous. that is all

edit: o and i wanted to ask, once you get the new pads how do they feel (as soon as you can drive it)?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
nice rims there, almost look like mine. mine have a gold center cap and a silver lip.

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Yay Justin. Hope to get some soon but the person you got them from just got busted by the moderator police. He may be gone from the site in a day. Did get his personal email so we'll see.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That's how the car should have come from the factory! Very nice. I wish obama would sign a bill to outlaw drum brakes.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Nice upgrade. SVT Brakes are amazing, get some good matching pads at all 4 corners (EBC GreenStuff or Hawks) and you'll grin every time you have to stomp the brakes

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
yeah they really shouldve had these stock. nice job

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
That's how the car should have come from the factory! Very nice. I wish obama would sign a bill to outlaw drum brakes.
Agreed. Shoulda outlawed them on cars over 20 years ago for safety; not to mention looks.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have no clue how i got here. but im jealous. that is all

edit: o and i wanted to ask, once you get the new pads how do they feel (as soon as you can drive it)?
I had the new pads the next day and installed them after work, but I noticed a decent increase in stopping power, not sure if it's real or not but to me it's real so, I like it! [:)~]

Looks great! How do you like those sparco rims? I was looking to throw them on my car
I like em a lot, chances are if you get them they won't be like mine. Mine are drilled for and only fit focus'. The ones you get now are drilled for multiple bolt patterns. It's the advantage to getting the first set off the line.

Agreed. Shoulda outlawed them on cars over 20 years ago for safety; not to mention looks.
STRONGLY agree! [thumb]

Drums are harder to service and not as efficient as disk brakes.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Nasty drum brakes

Only four bolts holding the hub to the arm then, brake line, E-brake cable, and ABS sensor and off it comes. No need to grind anything like in the How to we saw.

Whoa La it's off

Hub on and with a pretty new disc

I forget what I took a pic of here but I'll post it anyways.

A pic of our hero in this thread and of Old Yeller' in the back ground.

A pic of Zab who I must say was more than a big help during this install. He did a majority of the wrench work [wrenchin]. Thanks again Zab [thumb]

Took a pic of the FSwerks exhaust cause well it looks pretty [giddy]

And a pic of Raymond who shows up at the last minute with the caliper tool for the rears [headbang]

Zab wrenchin' while everyone looks on [wrenchin]

And a close up pic, yup Zab cut his hair [giddy]

·
Generic Catchphrase
2,344 Posts
Awesome! I'll be doing this to mine this weekend.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome Paul, thanks for posting up the pics, and again a big shout out to Paul and Zab for helping me out with this project. Couldn't have done it without y'all, oh and thanks Ray for the tools and print out ;D

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile Looks good, I think I'm gonna do this too as soon as I get some extra cabbage.

·
Generic Catchphrase
2,344 Posts
Did you leave off the dust shields on purpose, or were you just not able to find any?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts