Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there's a nasty squeak coming from my rear suspension. It sounds a bit like mouse is hiding in there. It sounds like it is coming from the driver's side rear door when I'm inside the car, but I know it's coming from my suspension. I know this because when I push down on the car above my driver's side rear wheel, it makes the same squeak.

Does anyone have an idea what this could be? Any quick fixes?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
So there's a nasty squeak coming from my rear suspension. It sounds a bit like mouse is hiding in there. It sounds like it is coming from the driver's side rear door when I'm inside the car, but I know it's coming from my suspension. I know this because when I push down on the car above my driver's side rear wheel, it makes the same squeak.

Does anyone have an idea what this could be? Any quick fixes?
Have you had a chance to head to your dealer for a diagnosis?

Meagan

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Most likely the parking brake cable. You wouldn't believe that's what is making the noise, but it probably is. I got under there and lubed mine up with some grease, and problem solved.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I wish I could take mine in for that damn squeek. I've W-D 40'd EVERYTHING under the ass end of my car with little to no change.

Out of warranty on mileage = no dealer trip. [wrenchin]
Have you checked your rear shock top mounts? in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
If it IS the parking brake cable, the most common spot is where it passes through a hanger.

You'll see the plastic casing worn to metal, and the metal on metal causes the squeak.

Slipping a slit piece of hose over that section to renew it solves the problem, just zip tie in place on either side to keep it there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you had a chance to head to your dealer for a diagnosis?

Meagan
I had it in when it first started happening, which was probably close to two years ago, and it wasn't conclusive what they came up with. They think it was my back bumper that was loose and rattling. They tightened it which didn't resolve the issue.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
For squeaks & noises like those, I'd roll the car on a alignment rack or a flat rack, raise it up & have some one bounce the car up & down & see where the noise is coming from. I've found the rear shock mount for the top to make squeak noises.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I had it in when it first started happening, which was probably close to two years ago, and it wasn't conclusive what they came up with. They think it was my back bumper that was loose and rattling. They tightened it which didn't resolve the issue.
I recommend heading back in for an updated diagnosis. Let me know when you set up an appointment. :)

Meagan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts