Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi .... can someone help out .. I've been having rear wheel bearing problems since purchase of this 04-zx5 .... recently replaced everything on the left rear side, trailing arm, control arm and other parts excluding the strut ...had alignment then I replaced the noisy bearing for the 4th plus times. This is the cheaper one with the bearing already in the hub. Lasted less than 500 miles now the noise is back. I talk to mechanic and he say's the spec. 173 ft-lbs of torque is way to much, said that's my problem over torquing, He says not to torque it more than 140 ft-lbs.

Also :I just purchased a bearing only and had it pressed in, not installed yet on car, is there a front and back to a rear bearing one side has a rubber seal other side does not, mechanic says no difference, I say why the rubber seal ?

Any help would be appreciated .....

·
Registered
25 Posts
What type of tires do you have on your Foci? It could be from the tires... try to change the front tires with the rear and see if the noise will change in the front tuen that's definitely the tires...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What type of tires do you have on your Foci? It could be from the tires... try to change the front tires with the rear and see if the noise will change in the front tuen that's definitely the tires...
Tires have been changed and this more than 4 bearings already, when you take the hub off and turn the bearings with your fingers you know it's the bearing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts