Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
So I finally got to look at it. I zip tied where the cable was rubbing and it seemed to solve my issue so I am so thankful to the op for starting this thread.

Sent from my game boy color

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2014 focus that makes me want to run my car into a bridge to end it all because of this annoying noise from the rear! I've read everything above and can't figure it out... My thought was the 3 white clips running down the center of the car but I've wiggeled the shit out of them and nothing. The car only does it above 60mph.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have you tried checking to see if your tires are in good shape? I know with my car I had this shaking that would happen between 65-75. I knew my rear tires were worn. So I took to have replaced after not being able to stand the problem(probably was a good idea any ways)and turned out one of my rear tire had a bubble in the middle of the tire.

On a side note: Thats to the OP and others would commented on this squeaking annoying problem. I have taped mine with electrical tape for the moment and it has pretty much solved the issue for now. I do get some slight squeak here and there, which might be further up the car to the other plastic clip, but it'll do for now.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Moved to Brakes, Suspension & Chassis (got missed in the split of the sections)

Tango - haven't seen this exact problem mentioned for the MkIII's, try a post in that section for more looks/ideas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have a newer focus pic. My 2010 ses looks nothing like the pictures.
Hey Man,
I have a 2009 Focus SE Sedan, and it turned out to be the emergency brake cables on my car that were squeaking. In a little different spot I believe, but same general area. About 1 foot north of the rear wheel wells. Should see a relatively large cable going through a metal hanger. Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Clay

61 - 67 of 67 Posts