Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
outside, underneath. near the back seat, it is recessed up a bit.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
so anyone else do this?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
remember, it may be diff for you, since you have a 2000. i am not sure how everything is lined up under there, but its def. worth a try. you have no idea how nice it is not to have that!

·
Registered
674 Posts
i will be sure to check this out on my car next week. i was sure it was the rear swaybar bushings needing lubrication! we will see.

thanks for the info!

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
cuold very well be...but this was it for me!

·
Registered
334 Posts
For me on my wagon it was the rear brake hardlines just before the brake hoses. The bracket doesn't even hold the line firm, but instead lets it rub. This has been driving me crazy for 4 years

I sipped some strips of plastic in between the bracket and line. We'll see how it goes with that, plus I'll try the e-brake fix too. Great thread

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
yes, that is it...the 'hardlines' and that bracket...as you said, the bracket just gets loose. for me, flipping it upside down made it tight again.

i am so glad this is helping people!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
There's another place where it might make noise. Actually it's the same line as the original poster showed in their pics. Follow it to just under the rear passenger door where it goes through a loop type of bracket/holder. In my situation, the loop wore right through the rubber covering and was rubbing on the metal. I slipped a short piece of rubber tubing through the loop and ty-wrapped in place. No more squeek!!!

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
anyone check on this?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yes I just did on mine. I was wondering why from Day 1 that I got the car it was making this noise. Just checked it out and it infact looks to be that cable. I moved it around and got a similiar sound. I'll check it out more throughly tommorrow and find out where on the line it is coming from.

It was driving me nuts at first.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
good! so find the bracket, and change its position so it is tight...should never hear it again!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
HOLY SHIT GUYS.

I've been battling this squeak/rattle for the last 3 months!!!

I thought it was my springs, so I had a mechanic slather some grease on them and the problem seemed to go away.

I just flipped the bracket over and lo and behold the problem seems to have gone away!!!

A million thank-you's to the OP for this!

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
hey, thats great guys, so glad it worked for you all!

joshuass, thanks for the rep!

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
There's another place where it might make noise. Actually it's the same line as the original poster showed in their pics. Follow it to just under the rear passenger door where it goes through a loop type of bracket/holder. In my situation, the loop wore right through the rubber covering and was rubbing on the metal. I slipped a short piece of rubber tubing through the loop and ty-wrapped in place. No more squeek!!!
hi, you may have seen that i tried that too. a couple of times, going so far as to jam screws and glue in that holder loop. still had squeak. the reason that helps the issue is because it keeps the hardline that I am discussing from moving...if you follow that rubber line, it turns into that hardline that goes to that bracket. so securing that at the loop place is just a stopgap...the real issue is further up the line, at the bracket.

if you think about it, that rubber would not make a squeak like that..it does not move back and forth/side to side...it just would bump in its holder. the squeak comes from the metal...trust me, and the others, when you find his spot, you KNOW it is that...it sounds EXACTLY like the
noise we hear in the car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well, I did exactly as you did as shown in your pictures but in my case the noise did NOT go away. While under the car, I had my wife push on the side of the car, kind of rocking it sideways. I located the squeak at that loop holder. It wore through the rubber covering of the line, metal on metal. No squeak since April.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, first post. Just picked up an 06 ZX3 that had an awful squeak coming from the right rear. pretty much squeaked non stop the entire time i drove the car. Was going insane, until i stumbled upon this thread.

Mine, like the guy above me was coming from the loop hole thing on the ebrake cable. You can see the wear spot in the picture. I wedged a piece of rubber in there and it totally stopped squeaking.

Oh and a pic of my new Focus:

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Is this like a harsh, compressed clanking sound occurring mostly when turning and going over bumps or rough spots?? Wondering if this is the issue I have, but no one has described the sound well lol
Posted via FF Mobile

21 - 40 of 67 Posts