Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off new to Focus Fanatics, so I apologies if this has already been addressed. I've owned my focus for about 17 months now and have done some minor upgrades such as, Eibach Sportline Springs/Pro-Dampers, cross and drilled rotors front and back, K&N drop in filter, and audio. I've also replaced clutch/flywheel, motor mounts and transmission mounts, shifting cables, alternator, etc.
My question has to do with my slight scrapping on bumps or when the rear is weighed down, at first I thought I may need to roll my fenders seeing how I'm running 225's but I discovered now that my tires are actually making contact with the rear splash guard bolts. Should I just remove the entire rear splash guards or will just trimming down the bolts fix this issue?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Trim down if you've got one of the oddballs with screws sticking through from the back. Wouldn't have believed that possible if someone hadn't posted pictures...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright thanks, didn't really want to remove the guards seeing how I have to deal with snow and salt in the winter

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I'd like to see pics of the mud flaps since the SVT never came with them. Trying to get some ideas for mine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have mudflaps, I guess I should've clarified that by splash guards I was referring to the fabric in the rear wheel wells. My apologies for any confusion.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Ah I get it now. Yikes...you must be low. I always heard those springs were soft for how much drop you get.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
You sure it's the 'bolts'?

I'll wager it's actually the liner you're hitting. right where the bumper, body and liner meet on the outside. Look for a rub mark in that area.

But I can't say I've looked a the spot you're thinking. I will now though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You sure it's the 'bolts'?

I'll wager it's actually the liner you're hitting. right where the bumper, body and liner meet on the outside. Look for a rub mark in that area.

But I can't say I've looked a the spot you're thinking. I will now though.
I'll double check it this upcoming weekend if I get a chance to, will actually take the wheel off and examine it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seeing how I don't want to get a fender roll I'll just get a skinnier tire when these need replacing (soon), I'm running 225's now so should I go back down to the recommended 215 or even skinnier with 205's. (corrected picture angle for better perspective)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Do you rub A LOT? If so, then maybe entertain forking over more money on smaller tires. If it doesn't rub all the time, grinding a bit here and there wont affect anything. Others have done this too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts