Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out how to get to the rear speakers in the zx3 hatchback? I have been trying to get to them since sunday afternoon and havent found a way in yet. If there are instructions somewhere on the internet that would be a big help. I feel like im overlooking something small that would make the job extremely easy but I cannot figure it out. Oh and please no one suggest me just taking the panel off in front of the speaker because you still cannot get to the speaker completely through this method.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
the entire side pannel has to come off. there are a bunch of those 'pop-tabs' along the window and down the front. once that comes off, it's just a matter the four screws that hold the speaker in.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Could you possibly post pictures, or anything that might put the removal in better detail? I abslutely hate the marks/scratches that come with removing panels the wrong way.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
hummm, better detail is rough, it's tough to explain exactly. I guess, for me at least, it was not being afraid to break anything. there's no scratches or anything, all the clips that hold them in are metal on metal. and nothing's broke. just make sure when putting them back on that the seat belt height adjuster and the plastic cover are in the same place.

·
Registered
639 Posts
i did mine last summer, no pics though. it took me about 45 mins for the first one cause i didnt know what i was doing, and about 15 for the second one. there is one round tab on the b pillar facing the front of the car, pop that out. then there is two more round tabsdown by the seat. to get these out, you will need to lift the back seat up and down till you see them. after that, just pop off the seatbelt cover piece, then pull off the large piece under the window. just be carefull and take your time, there are lots of cheap clips holding those panels on and they will break very easily.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Remember one thing the panel goes up not out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I figured it all out then I was just being too careful. I didnt wanna break ne thing so i wasnt really tuggin too hard. U just gotta pull till the tabs cum off... theres no screws or bolts or ne thing (kinda surprising but also kinda kewl). So now the car is redy to go thx for ur help every1.

·
Registered
639 Posts
wow, dont you feel special? you just added one post to your count by making a pointless post. batman told us weeks ago that he already got it done, and that there was no screws or bolts. if you had bothered yourself by actually reading the posts before you reply, you would have realized this

·
Registered
639 Posts
why dont you people READ the thread before posting?!?

Yea I figured it all out then I was just being too careful. I didnt wanna break ne thing so i wasnt really tuggin too hard. U just gotta pull till the tabs cum off... theres no screws or bolts or ne thing (kinda surprising but also kinda kewl). So now the car is redy to go thx for ur help every1.
batman told us weeks ago he figured it out and got it done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts