Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did a quick search but it looks like the results were for older models. Anyway, I bought a set of seat covers on fleabay that can go on front and back. They recommend removing the rear seat. But I'm not sure how the bottom comes out. I'm thinking the tops I can just fold down and do that way. I got seat covers that are black and red, interior is currently tan, so wouldn't look the same if I leave the ones off the back.

In case anyone wonders why the seat covers, it seems like the cloth really picsk up everything in my car. Even if you order fast food and set the back down, you seem to get a grease spot on the seat. Got the covers for like 25, so will see if that helps.

Btw, in case anyone is wondering, these are the seat covers I bought. I paid about 24.99. won't use the steering wheel cover though, I ordered a nice leather one, the old kind you have to stitch on, so got to sit out in the car a good hour and a half or so and put that on, but it's nice I think.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Seat-Covers-Red-Black-Full-Set-Auto-Steering-Wheel-Belt-Pad-Headrest/283084075260?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I also ordered this today. Hard to beat that price, hopefully it's good. When I was a kid, I used to hae one made by coverking for my 1989 ford thunderbird. Got the one back then due to the dash cracking and got a few compliments on it. This one is definitely cheaper, but hopefully it will keep my dash from ever cracking and some reading says it helps keep the inside of your windows from getting as dirty. So we'll see.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/for-Ford-Focus-2012-Present-Dash-Parts-Motors-Parts-Dashboard-Cover/123288873563?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

·
Registered
30 Posts
There are two possible seat types for your car, do you have the bench seat or the fold down split seats?

If you have the bench style, from the front of the seat on each side about 6 inches from the door there is a white push lever. Just pry up the seat from the front, jam your fingers in and feel around for it. One side at a time should be no problem. Then the back clips you kind of push the seat down and back to unhook. Reverse to get it back in. The backrest requires a pretty beefy flathead screwdriver, and maybe a hammer. Basically there is a heavy duty release mechanism built into the hinge. It's not too hard to figure out looking at it but there are guides out there if you search around.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There's a youtube video titled "2015 ford focus leather seat upgrade" that may help if the seats on yours are similar. From what I remember there's a hidden bolt somewhere that he points out on the video.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts