Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

ben trying to decide on wether to do this or not, and finally gave in. Spent more on supplies than i thought, but am very happy w/ the results....
next up is to install my nice SCT chip!

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Mike.... looks GREAT. I cannot wait to see it in Person.

How many Hooters Girls can we cram in the back of that thing? heheh

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
must not have kids but makes it look more roomy and yes bye bye seat belts

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kids???---no!!....i'm only 21 and still going thru college..
cost tally, is

marine carpet 6'x6' $40.00
3m super spray adhesive 1 can $12.00
4'x8' 3/8 sheet of plywood $17.00ish(had to cut into 4-2'x4' pieces so it would fit in my dam car!!!)
miscelanious screws, hinges, and L brakets $10.00

Knowing that ur car is now trully a 2 seater $ priceless....lol

o, and the seatbelts stay if i ever need to put the seats back in.

other than the cost, i'm really likeing the way it all turned out. itz nice having all that room, and the whole setup weighs around 10lbs compared to whatever the seats weighed.
thanks for the props as well.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Damn man I am loving it I just got done doing this to mine although yours looks cleaner! Nice job.

Not stealing your thunder here is what I did with mine. The sub is surrounded by a lip so it wont slide or move, and the amp is hiddin in my wheel well and all the cables are under the boards.

Yeah its really dirty... pollon will do that when your working on the car and have it all open.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
nice mike you can start building me one! ill ppay for everything minus the 20$ u owe for that cap, as long as its working for ya!!..

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
Looks great Mike! Like Matt said, can't wait to see it in person!

Mike

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks really good frantic. i like the way u surrounded the box...i decided to put mine as far back in the corner, and kinda hide my amp as to sort of deter potential thieves tho.

aaron-cap works great...it actually lights the back up a little at night now...lol.
i'll make u one no problem...but if u decide to attempt it urself before i get over there, remember to get a nice big piece of cardboard and make a template'. doing so will make it soooo much easier, as well as better fitting.

and as for folding the seats all the way, well........yeah, now that i have done it, there is no way that could ever compare to the amount of space i freed' up by doing this...;)

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I think you did a good job on it. How long did it take you to do?

·
☼
7,494 Posts
lanting90 said:
looks really good frantic. i like the way u surrounded the box...i decided to put mine as far back in the corner, and kinda hide my amp as to sort of deter potential thieves tho.

aaron-cap works great...it actually lights the back up a little at night now...lol.
i'll make u one no problem...but if u decide to attempt it urself before i get over there, remember to get a nice big piece of cardboard and make a template'. doing so will make it soooo much easier, as well as better fitting.

and as for folding the seats all the way, well........yeah, now that i have done it, there is no way that could ever compare to the amount of space i freed' up by doing this...;)
I have not done the actual back seat delete because I have to haul people every once in a while.. but not enough to keep the seats actually up.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Put an aerobed on it! That's sick man, nice job!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts