Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on vacation this weekend and it was about 105 degrees. I had a friend in the back seat on the passenger side and we were driving at about 25MPH and hear a loud POP coming from the rear passenger door. I pulled over and now that specific window will not roll up or down. I have power windows and none of the buttons will roll the window up. The only way I can get it to come up is by manually lifting the window with my hands, and after driving a couple of miles it falls down again. If you use the button, weard crunching noises come from that panel.

I was just curious if anyone knew what this might be. I'm assuming the track or something broke? I don't know much about what goes on as far as power window functionality.

I have the 100K Ford Extended warranty (Extra Care plan). I'm hoping this will be covered but there's a lot of things they choose not to cover so I don't have my hopes up just yet.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
that is the same issue i have had on my 2002..as well as my mom's 2001...the motor blew in both of our back windows...i just recently had my passenger side back window fixed in march..and on friday..my drivers side one quit working as well..its like it just fell off the track...basically i was putting it down..it was goign then heard a thud then it just stopped..the switch doesnt work..and it needs to be held in place by duct tape..im going bk to the dealership this friday..bc i have 6k miles left on my warrenty and am mad they didnt chk that one when the fixed the passenger side....i purchased mine from NC..my mom got hers in MA....seems to be a HUGE problem..

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
the little plastic part of your window regulator broke... unfortunatley, that means you need a new regulator.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Power Window Broke

I have the same problem with my daughters 2000 Focus. The rear driver side window just fell down and will not go back up. I took the door panel off and I see a cable hanging loose inside the door. Does this mean I need the whole regulator? If anyone knows the part number or where I can order the replacement part i would appreciate it very much.

regards,

Bob

·
Registered
63 Posts
You are pretty much forced to buy a whole new regulator. They dont sell any of the parts seperate. New regulators are expensive as hell too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just got quoted 165.94 for a rear driver side power regulator.

I find all of them except the rear driver door in ebay for about 65 - 75 dollars.

Annyone replace these? Is it very hard and are there any special tools needed to do this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
bump...

my wagon's rear passenger window has the same problem. Luckily, my white plastic thing was split in the middle but still 1 peice. The little circular plug thing that goes in the middle of the glass was missing. I went to the junkyard & Got another one of those plugs but it doesn't hold the two white plastic tabs together....so I took 2 zipties & wrapped them through the glass & diagonally along the bottom of the POS white plastic peice. So far it works. They are pretty thick zipties so I am pretty sure they will keep holding.

·
Registered
289 Posts
i have my back driver side wedged up right now bc of the same problem i was told that mike on the forum here can ship one to u for 99 but i personally have not checked with him yet

·
Registered
29 Posts
How did you wedge up your window?

I have had the same freakin' problem on 3 of my 4 windows. I paid to have the driver's window fixed because, well, you kinda need that one. But about 8 months later my back left one broke, and within 2 months of that the back rigth one broke too. WTH [?|]....why are these regulators such POS's. Anyway, I don't want to pay to fix the back two, I barely use them, but what did you do to wedge the window up? I have them held up with duct tape right now and it looks like crap.

Thanks in advance for help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts