Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. First question with my new 02 SVT. Several issues with the car I'm rectifying as I can. Had two codes 1033 and 1442. Replaced front o2 with ford part and the rear is stuck in. Two shops said I would have to drop the pipe and have a new bung welded in the same spot. Do I spend the money for this, buy a new high flow cat or get the rear o2 eliminator? Or get the time from Tom and shit it off? Car does sputter a bit although it's a lot better with the new upstream o2. I did notice my gas mileage seems a lot worse now for some reason. Also as far as the 1442 evap code. I found the evap hose by the fuel filter that hangs down doesn't have the clip and the actual hose is broken where the clip would snap in. So I taped it to the line for the time being. Any tricks or tips would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
If the code was 0133 it refers to the front one you've changed.

Not seeing a 1033 in the basic list on the site.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. I know. I had a place give it a once over and they said the rear was not working at all. I bought both from ford and replaced the front anyways. It def helped. But the rear is all jacked up and bent. From what I've read it doesn't really do anything anyways. But I still want to make it right one way or another

·
Registered
119 Posts
ELIMINATE IT!! It's super easy to make an O2 cheater also.... $5 parts and like 20 min of your time. It was good enough to pass smog test and get me insurance on my car! :D heh

I've had ENOUGH trouble dealing with getting a cat in there thats not a $2000 OEM Ford CAT for the SVT. All the aftermarket units CRACK at the weld points. They're all junk and are a guaranteed fail, its just a matter of how long.....

I just had a straight pipe welded in and havent had to deal with it ever since. Car IS a bit louder, but I'd rather deal with loud than deal with fixing.... Plus you can always get a quieter muffler welded in downstream...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Made an O2 cheater today until I can get a tune from Tom. Apparently the guy I bought this car from already had one made which is why it wasn't reading right for the techs at firestone. It would have been nice to know this information before I bought it. Plus I think the cat is hollowed out. Either way I'm diggin the car.

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
Hi neighbor!!! The best high flow cat(HFC) on the market is from Dominant engineering, evpensive but well worth it. The rest crack. You're best bet is to toss an off road pipe (ORP) on, get a tuner from turbo tom and call it a day. When emissions time comes around, swap back to your cat, remove the tune and pass the emissions test. Get a 2 yr renewal and it's worth it. You should also join our midwest crew and say hi. We are also on facebook under the group name flatland faction.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ended up getting a tune from Tom. Definitely faster. I still have a stumble just driving around. I'm code free though. Deleted the rear O2. Any suggestions on someone around St. Louis to figure out why my car stumbles?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Tom to the rescue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts