Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I got my rear tanny mac mount today, I went to put it on and noticed that the bolt that bolts the mount to the tranny is stripped(the nut part). Wtf do I do now, I cant get the [:)][:)][:)][:)]er off for the life of me.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
go to sears, they should have a set of wrenches that will grip a stripped head on a bolt. I have a set and they are great to have around for these situations

either that, or go to home depot and try to match it. Once you get it back in there, you arent going to touch it anymore....but I would lean towards the tools vs. the bolt, if you have the money. They are a sound investment.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Maybe like 40 from Sears for craftsman, but maybe you can find some on clearance for the smaller sizes.

Try an auto part store...maybe they can rent you something like that.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked advance auto and auto zone, they dont carry em. But 40 bucks, it will have to wait till next pay day.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I got he bolt out with the craftsman sockets for stipped bolt(great invention). I got the mount on and its great. I love the feel of the shifting now and its alot smoother acceleration. Oh and no more *clunk* when shifting in to 2nd. I highly recomend this mod for any one who hasnt done it yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts