Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where have you guys had luck at for purchasing the cheapest Focus electric rear motor mount, I'm trying to keep the mods as cheap as possible for now and that was the next mod on the list. TIA Fanatics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
503 Posts
maybe find one used from someone on the forums or facebook marketplace. if not ebay will be next cheapest. then check tasca.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Happen to know the Ford oem part number by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
CM5Z-6068-A

its going for just about $46 plus shipping on tasca. quick search shows ebay is like $30+ plus shipping

EBAY LINK

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I just read that since I have a 16 focus mine already has the same rear mount as an electric is this true or not don't wanna waste money

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I apologize if you guys went thru trouble of finding links if my car already has the damn part installed from factory lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
Your point? The eBay listed one is an Auto Tech, listed to fit a Corolla. TC asked for the cheapest, I posted the one I knew about. [idea]

·
Registered
133 Posts
Was informed that my 15 had the upgraded mount a few months back when I went to buy an insert. Would assume you have the better mount already too

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does anybody knows if this motor mount CM5Z-6068-A from ST will fit on an 2011 eruopean 1,6 TI-VCT (125 hp)?
And do I "feel" some difference in driving? If it brings more vibration I will probable not do the change.

Thanks.

·
Registered
503 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
The biggest surprise while swapping the rrm on this Canadian car was how much surface rust there was on the subframe, which is otherwise hidden by the under-engine tray. My aftermarket rust proofer missed this completely, so I grabbed a wire brush, some plastic bags to mask things off, then various protective sprays and some paint.

This rrm is a wonderful performance and safety mod, especially since I can now predictably put some power down in the rain, and get the car moving. Yes, the drawing I also got from the dealer was wrong, but the 5 bolts are right there. The dealer confirmed that the two side mounts support the engine, so with the car on jack stands it was easy to rock the engine/transmission while on my back under the car to get the last bolt back in.

I've done the snorkel delete, and have an open-end AFE dry air filter, and some reasonably sticky Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires. I now also have some torque steer, I guess because there's now more torque getting to the road.

·
Ford Fiend
2,976 Posts
The front of the subframe is the only place on my car that has surface rust. This is due to the tray trapping water against that area.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts