Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know of the Steeda, FSWerks, and Cobb RMMs.

What experience does everyone have with their after market RMM? I also see some on ebay that are off brand but the price looks appealing.

So far I am leaning towards the FSwerks RMM but didn't pull the trigger tonight because the shipping was like $12.

Thanks.

·
Registered
895 Posts
The lower the Durometer the more comfortable the mount will be.
Fswerks advertises 70, Cobb 85.
The fswerks won't be as stiff as the cobb, but should have less vibration at idle .

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input.

If I want my starts to feel smoother (less jump) and my shifts to be better, I should go stiffer, right?

Would an after market rear motor mount would help with my header hitting my frame when accelerating from a stop?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Yes stiffer minimizes movement but even the fswerks one will be significantly stiffer than your OEM. Both will help minimize movement and potentially prevent your header from hitting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went with this RMM:

The 40% off coupon and free shipping helped. The hardness is more than the Fswerks but just a little under the Cobb.

Haven’t seen anyone run these or provide a review so I will give a write up when I install it and drive around.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The second class, aggressive.

·
Registered
895 Posts
You'll definitely have some vibration at idle. It will be a little better after about a thousand miles they soften up some with time. It should definitely hold things in place.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your feedback and input! I'll post here with how it goes.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I would go for the OEM Motorcraft CM5Z6068A mount used in the ST and Electric variants of the Focus. It's a great upgrade that does not add any vibration, but removes the wheel hop and restricts the engine movement so as not to hit the firewall... It was one of the first upgrades I did when I got my 2014 over 5 years ago.

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally said the hell with it and got jackstands to hold up my Focus. Was tired of worrying about the car falling on me while trying to work on it with only a car jack. Could work under my vehicle worry free (don't forget the bump test and to chaulk the back wheels, I used a jack and a dumbell placed longways). Well worth the $25.

You can see where to place the stands, the removed and Hardline Class 2 RMM as well as the control arm, the removed assembly, and the reinstalled assembly.

It feels great, no more kick or slack on going from neutral to first or from first to second. Also removed the noise from my OBX headers touching something on my chassis when accelerating from a stop.

A little bit of shudder and vibration when accelerating from a stop, but I rather have that than my header rattling and creaking away against my vehicle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts