Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the same problem my outside and alignment bolts are frozen does anyone know where i can but replacement bolts for the LCA?

·
Registered
727 Posts
I bought my hardware from Ford, helps I get a discount. Contact Tousley for the best prices. BTW, I was able to use a pair of vice grips to break the bushing loose from the bolt, may or may not work for you.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I know this is an ancient thread, BUT... I had to cut off one of the outside LCA bolts and need a stock one. I can get the M12x75mm flange bolt but it won't have the aligning no thread on the end :( I can't find them in any dealer parts diagrams.

·
Registered
24 Posts
alignment done

so to get the alignment done the seized bolts had to be heated in order to be removed and destroyed the lower control arms. So mechanic saved the bolts that were hard to find anyways and we got new control arms put in. Alignment now done and all good.

·
Registered
982 Posts
so to get the alignment done the seized bolts had to be heated in order to be removed and destroyed the lower control arms. So mechanic saved the bolts that were hard to find anyways and we got new control arms put in. Alignment now done and all good.
Seems to me that your mechanic sacrificed a $50 control arm to save a (very easy to buy) $12 adjuster bolt.

Paul

·
Registered
24 Posts
No the bolts are $60 each and also impossible to find anywhere but dealer.. the control arms are garbage anyways once bolt is seized inside and yo have to heat them.

·
Registered
982 Posts
No the bolts are $60 each and also impossible to find anywhere but dealer.. the control arms are garbage anyways once bolt is seized inside and yo have to heat them.
The adjustment bolt 6S4Z5K978AA is $12.60 at Rockauto or about the same any online Ford dealer. Your dealer charging you $60 has you bent over big time. And your shop used a torch to remove them because that is the fastest way for them - they dont care that they ruined your control arm in the process because YOU are paying for a new one. Cutting the seized bolt out with a sawzall and then pressing the bolt stub out with a press takes just a bit longer but saves the control arm.

Paul

21 - 28 of 28 Posts