Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to change out the springs on my 01 focus wagon and got stopped by the outer lca bolt snapping. Managed to get it loose and found the bolt fused to the bushing. Opting to just replace the control arms entirely. My fear is that the inner bolts to the subframe from the lca will also need to be replaced and from what I can find these are actually used for the alignment(cam bolts/cams?) so I can't just replace them with any decently strong bolt. The problem is I can't seem to find these bolts/nuts/cams anywhere. I found a few part numbers on here but none of them seem to be for 1st gen focuses even though I found the numbers in response to people with 1st gen focuses. Please help.

Just for the sake of clarity I'm trying to find:
Rear lower control arm bolt near the tire
Rear lower control arm bolt near the subframe and associated hardware(cam/nut)
Also, rear shock bolts, upper and lower, for the wagon shocks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me when I did my rear end. Had to cut all the bolts. You are correct that these cam bolts and cam washers are unique, you will need to bite the bullet and buy Ford parts. The others you can source elsewhere, just make sure its all auto spec hardware (grade 8 or 10.9 if metric, which it will be). You can browse the Ford parts website to find diagrams and the part numbers for bolts and nuts. You can get all the bolt/nut sizes from there as well. I spent $50 on the two cam bolts from Ford and about $75 on the rest of the hardware I needed for my rear end and front end susp jobs combined. I went to ACE, I found stores like Lowes and Home Depot lacking in selection of auto grade hardware, and I wouldn't risk using anything less.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Correction, fordparts.com has the diagrams and callout numbers, if you go to fordpartsgiant.com you can seach for the callout number for that category (exhaust assembly, front end susp. etc) and then get the hardware details (m10 flange nut, m8x40 flange bolt etc) and then hunt down spec 10.9 hardware you need at the store/site of your choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts