Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 51 plate focus but the V5 states date of 1st registration is Feb 2002 The rear tail ght are both not working and neither are the dash lights. Does anyone know if they are linked on the same fuse? We decided to put a CD player in it but there was no voltage from the live wire [ohcrap], so we took the power from the ciggy lighter [pray]. I think it may have shorted it while the wires were stripped and may have blown a fuse [:I], but I can't see any blown fuse in the box. Are there anymore fuses anywhere other than the pannel under the steering wheel? I hope there is someone who can help as i'm really pulling my hair out trying to find the fault [idea][:)]
Thanks in advance for any info

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I font know what a 51 plate Focus is or a V5 but your cars across the pond cant be that much different from ours. There should be a fuse panel under the hood too. The cig lighter definitely wont provide enough amps to run a head unit.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
In our cars is common to find the hatch wires without insulation, brittle or broken. Pop the hatch open and on top you will find a rubber boot, it had the wires that run stop lights, reverse, rear wiper and license plate, look inside for your possible problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts