Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

My son just bought a 2002 Focus and the driver side rear light wont turn on when other lights are on. It works when Hazards are on.. Brake light on the same side works. I changed the bulb, problem remains....

Thanks..

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Check the wiring harness through the hatch or wagon gate. They made the wires just a bit too short and they tend to split and fray.
Peel back the black rubber boot and you'll likely find a few insulation breaks. Electrical tape fixes it fine if the wire is intact. If not, splice in a piece, solder, heat shrink, and you're good to go.

That would be my first guess.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've allready checked that, everything is ok for that part, but can the actual connector be opened ?? I see a clip on one side but cant seem to open it....

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've allready checked that, everything is ok for that part, but can the actual connector be opened ?? I see a clip on one side but cant seem to open it....
I've a problem with the socket before, mine was the reverse light. Did my best to clean the contacts, and slid a bulb in and out quite a few times, and that worked.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Working with a dual element bulb, the flasher/brake light portion working just proves that side "hot" & the ground are OK - "hot" to the running light side could still be bad anywhere.

Test light to start tracing back looking for power on the running light circuit might help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts