Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really, no threads on these things?

I can't put the seats down without mushing them and they fill the rearview mirror, so they've been off since November. I need to store them somewhere.

Given a choice of attic or basement, what would you choose?

Attic gets really hot
Basement is pretty evenly tempered but more humid. (I do have a dehumidifier)

I'll wrap them in towels or pillowcases.

I suppose I could stuff them in a closet but space is at a premium in an old house and they'd really hurt if they fell off a shelf.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have mine in plastic bags on the shelf in closet. I used to keep them in the cargo area. I guess you can also put them with the spare tire area

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have mine in plastic bags on the shelf in closet. I used to keep them in the cargo area. I guess you can also put them with the spare tire area
Mine have been on the floor of the back seat but something is going to happen to them there.

Do you think cloth is better than plastic? I have tons of plastic but cloth sounded better.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How have they held up?
hah! I can't believe it's only been a year since I did that - I started driving the car Nov 2017

I put them in the basement in pillowcases. They are fine :)

I wouldn't have done that if I didn't have a dehumidifier though. And of course, if they touch something for any length of time they will dent, so you can't leave them on the edge or a shelf, or on a wire shelf, or touching each other....

Most obnoxious part of the car, glad they were removable!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts