Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so about a year ago I installed B-quiet sound deadening behind the plastic panel on the rear hatch. Now it appears that the weight has become to much for the hatch struts. I'm looking to replace them with something with more upward "thrust" to withstand the excess(not much) weight.

I went to the Ford dealer and they only know of the standard ones and could not provide the upward force measurement for me to try and match a similar one to replace them. Damn.

That said, has anyone replaced these hatch struts, and/or, preferably with stronger ones? I ran across some for Roush Foci http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=70.
They claim that they are "more robust" than the stock hatch struts.
Any advice? I'd rather not have to duck for cover every time I open the hatch.

Thanks

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have the roush ones they work great.I bought 2 sets from there Ebay store but paid only half of what there listed for on there web site.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I've got the Roush struts too. They are better than the originals, but in cold weather the hatch still doesn't open all the way. I think I get them from Nth Coast.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have no problem with mine in cold weather.The thing i like the most about the Roush hatch struts is when i hit the hatch release button and close the door the hatch stays unlatched unlike the weak factory ones.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, but do you know the upward thrust measurement for the stock or the Roush struts?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts