Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
does anyone know how to remove the rear ford badge? please. without damaging it. i want to put viper stripes on and cant get a clean enough cut around the badge.
Thanks
Gez

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
It's just held on by glue so all I did was use a screwdriver and pry it out. You can also use fishing line to cut the glue underneath the badge without damaging the car.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Hi,
does anyone know how to remove the rear ford badge? please. without damaging it. i want to put viper stripes on and cant get a clean enough cut around the badge.
Thanks
Gez
I heated my with a blow dryer, then used some floss/fishline to slide under the leters. They came off pretty easily. I wouldn't use a screw driver as you have a better chance of scratching the paint.

There wasnt much residue, but just used some goof off to get the little bit off that was there. Then waxed it up nicely.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
Thanks for your replies. I was wondering whether the manufacter badge would be bolted on rather than glued, as it seems sterdy. There's not a lot of play in it.
Thanks
Gez

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
It's a stick on. That was the badge/emblem I was referring to. Rambleon84 is talking about the lettering on the trunk but it is all generally the same thing and the same methods can be used for both.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey
Thanks for that. I will get that sorted as soon as this weather sorts its self out :) what do you recommend to stick it back on with?
Gez

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I don't know if I would recommend you do this or not but I used crazy glue to put mine back on. The badge on my Svt glues onto a the plastic trunk trim so I didn't mind gluing to it and I think yours is the same way, but if you are gluing something onto painted metal, you may want to use something different. I have heard of other people using a form of double stick tape which may work better anyways.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
when i took mine off and was ready to put it back on i used this stuff:

I dont know where you would find it in the UK but here in the US i got it at AutoZone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts