Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,034 Posts
sweet! keep us updated....

Oh, and its awesome to see all the parts coming out now!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I assume this is just to help people behind you see you better in fog/heavy snow/rain?
No, it's to piss off the person behind you who thinks there is a fault with your brake light. [poke][poke]

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,034 Posts
I thought thats what the 42" lightbar mounted to the rear parcel shelf was for? :p

Reactions: RebelDevilCustoms

·
Registered
4 Posts
bulb (c) will cover the entire lower part of the tail lamp cluster and it should be a multi purpose bulb. there is no outer and inner part of the lamp. the brake lamps are at the very top and they are isolated for only brake usage. so the rear fog lamp would be incorporated into bulb C.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Opening up this thread again. Does anyone have access to the Euro wiring diagram? I have the Euro light switch and Euro led tails and want to enable the rear fog light. Also, are there any changes that I need to make in Forscan or Focccus to make this work?

·
Registered
73 Posts
*following*

I have the wiring diagrams at the house. I think the tail light sections call out the fog light wire (as well as the pin location). If nobody does before I do, I'll pull it up when I get home.

·
Registered
118 Posts
*following*

I have the wiring diagrams at the house. I think the tail light sections call out the fog light wire (as well as the pin location). If nobody does before I do, I'll pull it up when I get home.
If you can find it, I would love to have a copy of it. The US wiring diagram does not show the rear fog light option. I haven't plugged the tails in yet because I'm not sure if there's a wire going to the switch.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Let's see if this uploads.

You can see that the wiring diagram doesn't mention it, but the connector pin-out does. Pull the Ford.eu owner's manual and find out which bulb is supposed to be the "rear fog" bulb (look under bulb replacement).

I suspect that if you replace the switch, have the correct wires going to your tail light plug, and have a dual-fillament bulb where it should be, then should be able to go into Forscan or FoCCCCCCCCCCCCCCus and enable it.

Anyone have any other comments? I'm making a WAG here based on my own plans for enabling the rear fogs.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'll check this out. I looked at the UK wiring diagram and didn't see any mention of it either. I didn't think to look at the actual connector. I suppose I'll need to deselect "US fog" and choose standard fog in Forscan/FoCCCus. Can anyone check to see how this is built on an "as built" EU or UK model? Or any other besides the US for that matter lol?
Something else bothers me, I don't see the reverse or stop/tail lamp pin out on the connector.

·
Registered
73 Posts
a couple more from the EU-spec Focus owner's manual...

I forgot to screen-shot it, but according to the wiring diagram and connector pin-out, there are only 3 wires coming off the head light switch: power, ground, and CANBUS. That's what leads me to believe that if the correct switch is in place, and all the wires seem to be there, then it should just be a software issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
a couple more from the EU-spec Focus owner's manual...

I forgot to screen-shot it, but according to the wiring diagram and connector pin-out, there are only 3 wires coming off the head light switch: power, ground, and CANBUS. That's what leads me to believe that if the correct switch is in place, and all the wires seem to be there, then it should just be a software issue.

I see the three wires coming off the switch, but what are the other pins on the switch for?

·
Registered
73 Posts
locutist, your picture didn't load.

Here's the screen shots of the headlamp switch assy.

Also, the reason for all the unused pins is the pigtail part # is used in a lot of different models for a lot of different purposes.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have everything connected. The led tails do function properly, however, I am still not getting the rear fog to come on. Neither does the indicator light on the dash. These led tails also cause my front led marker light to stay on, dimly lit, while the car is powered off. I will replace the front side marker led back to the original and see what happens to it. Any ideas on what settings need to be made in FORSCAN or FoCCCus?

Edit:I switched the front led side marker back to normal oem bulbs and they function properly. I still need some help with Forscan.

·
Registered
73 Posts
*shrug* Have you searched the Forscan forums? If you're using FoCCCCCCCCCCus, I think I remember seeing someone show in this thread where in the program to "activate" rear fogs. Maybe it was in a FoCCCus thread?

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,034 Posts
Guys, sorry to burst everyone's bubble... But according to the wiring schematic, rear foglights are wired directly to the BCM, which is configured differently from the NA bcm. Unfortunately, near as I can figure, there isnt an easy way to change that fact, short of replacing the NA body harness (and bcm) with the appropriately optioned euro harness and bcm... Certainly doable, but given that I haven't yet been able to track down anything but the most basic of body harnesses, its definitely going to to be a challenge...

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Guys, sorry to burst everyone's bubble... But according to the wiring schematic, rear foglights are wired directly to the BCM, which is configured differently from the NA bcm. Unfortunately, near as I can figure, there isnt an easy way to change that fact, short of replacing the NA body harness (and bcm) with the appropriately optioned euro harness and bcm... Certainly doable, but given that I haven't yet been able to track down anything but the most basic of body harnesses, its definitely going to to be a challenge...

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using FF Mobile
Well, that is a bummer. Can you share the schematic you found? When I looked at the owner's manual from Ford.co.uk I didn't see a fuse location in the BCM panel for rear fogs. Did I overlook it?

·
Registered
118 Posts
My searching skills are horrible, but I'll keep looking. I also noticed that my fog light wires don't match what you have posted above.

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,034 Posts
As you can see, the rear fog is a direct wire to the bcm. That specific output on the bcm is used for the rear turn signal on NA versions.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks. I'll work with this and see where it gets me.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts