Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know where Ford put the Rear Fog Light on the european model Focuses. If you look closely at the dash where the lights show on, on the left side is the frt fog lights, and if you look close on the right is an embossment of the rear. Where are they mounted and where do I get some?[?]

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Its in the left rear tail light on most cars. Some people put it on the bottom of left side bumper

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually went to the Ford.de site and they are located inboard and down a little in the inner light panel (with reverse) and the light switch is different. I am trying to find out how much all the parts would cost from a german ford dealer for the Sedan. Where in Germany are you?

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Can you post a pic or link to what you're talking about?

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you post a pic or link to what you're talking about?
If you look real close at the headlight switch, on the left side of the main dial you will see 2 buttons, unlike the US model with only one.

and if you look real close at the tail light on the wagon, (same place as sedan) just under the backup light there is a light (rear fog light) On the sedan it is a little different but you get the idea

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I assume this is just to help people behind you see you better in fog/heavy snow/rain?

·
Registered
533 Posts
If you look real close at the headlight switch, on the left side of the main dial you will see 2 buttons, unlike the US model with only one.

and if you look real close at the tail light on the wagon, (same place as sedan) just under the backup light there is a light (rear fog light) On the sedan it is a little different but you get the idea

Hi, that's because we have one switch for the front fogs and one for the rear..
Chris

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I actually went to the Ford.de site and they are located inboard and down a little in the inner light panel (with reverse) and the light switch is different. I am trying to find out how much all the parts would cost from a german ford dealer for the Sedan. Where in Germany are you?
Im in K-Towm Germany = Kaiserslautern Germany

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I assume this is just to help people behind you see you better in fog/heavy snow/rain?
Yes it is a big problem here at the speed people drive got to rember there is no speed limit here only between towms and its posted most of the time its 130km wich is 81mph. These fog lights are very very bright some times the only thing you can see.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, often abused though and a real driving hazard when left on in perfect conditions.
Chris

·
Registered
418 Posts
The reason for 2 Switches is so that you can use the front fogs as "driving lights", "spot lights" without using the rear fogs.
It's a cool feature.
I use them all the time when driving on roads that do not have a center line and extra low beams are needed.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I lived in Germany for 12 yrs, been to K-town many times. I grad at Hahn Air base, now Frankfurt am Hahn Flugplatz. I was stationed at Spangdahlem. I rewired my 2000 VW Cabrio using a euro head light switch, and had to add a new wire to the rear for the Fog light, since in the US they F'd up the taillights making them look so lame. So I set them up as in order from out to in as Brake, tail, Fog Instead of Tail, tail, Brake.... what a bunch of TARDS. I really want the oem style rear fogs for the Focus, the aftermarket ones are kinda crappy on the newer cars, but OEM are sweet.[wave]

·
Registered
25 Posts
The tails are dual filament bulbs so I changed them to LEDs. And since they are low current, I don't need to add a relay. I am still deciding if I should make both sides light up ala Audi or only the left side like other Euro cars.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The tails are dual filament bulbs so I changed them to LEDs. And since they are low current, I don't need to add a relay. I am still deciding if I should make both sides light up ala Audi or only the left side like other Euro cars.
Which bulbs are you talking about... most Fog lights are single filament and in their own cavity in the taillight assy. [doorpeek]

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'll use the taillight cavity. As long as it can be seen in a fog or snowstorm, that is the whole intention. The brakelights are separate anyway so the drivers behind should not be confused.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll use the taillight cavity. As long as it can be seen in a fog or snowstorm, that is the whole intention. The brakelights are separate anyway so the drivers behind should not be confused.
aahhh You have the 5dr hatch, that makes sense. they were separate lights... I would use the Brake light as the rear Fog and make the taillight, a Tail/brake Combo.... on the sedan, the tail/brake are in the same assy. so they put the Fog light in the inner panel where the reverse light is, just below and inboard of it.[thumb]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cool. Post pics when you get it done.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
25 Posts
I finally got the rear fog wired. I had switch that glows red when on mounted below the stock light switch. The parking light socket is not wired for ground or power to turn the brighter element so this has to be modded too. Only the driver side is lit although I might have the other side wired also one day. Pics to come once I get it washed.

How is your search for the euro tails?

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
still trying to find someone over in Germany to chk on price and availability of the assemblies. where is your rear fog located on yours?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts