Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has removed the "focus" emblem off the rear hatch? is it just the regular double sided tape situation or are there alignment holes?

cheers

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
First day I owned my St I took off the 'Focus' badge.
It is just double sided tape. And dental floss will go between the paint and badge and cut off the badge easy. the tape remaining on the car rubs right off.

On my previous SE I took off the Focus and the SE.
I am leaving the front and rear 'ST' as I like it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want that clean look w/o the emblem and definitely leave the ST on. I just took the focus and ses emblems off my 2010 and the trunk looks so much better. It's a surprise how much it actually changes this look.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
179 Posts
First day I owned my St I took off the 'Focus' badge.
It is just double sided tape. And dental floss will go between the paint and badge and cut off the badge easy. the tape remaining on the car rubs right off.

On my previous SE I took off the Focus and the SE.
I am leaving the front and rear 'ST' as I like it.
Dental floss?

I wouldn't have thought of that [idea]
That's a great idea, thanks! Maybe I'll do that this week-end. I like the ST badge but I'm not too keen on the Focus one.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I did the dental floss thing with the badges. Found it mucho easier by using a hairdryer to heat the glue holding the letters, then do the flossing. And you don't have to worry about blistering your paint so long as you pay attention to what you're doing.
P.S. I used mint flavored floss. [neener]

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
I personally prefer cinnamon flavored floss.

Have some goo-gone handy to help remove the leftover residue. And finish it off with a fresh coat of wax and call it a day.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
If I had a ST, I would do just the opposite.
The (ridiculously large) rear ST badge would be gone.

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
Or you could do what I did lol. [cheers] Not my idea, but I was like WTF I'll try it out.

PS awesome tip with the dental floss thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
If I had a ST, I would do just the opposite.
The (ridiculously large) rear ST badge would be gone.
Heh, I will probably just remove my Focus badge. After going to the Octane Academy, I'll take off the garish red one and place the one they give me there on in the same spot (it's some less attention-grabbing color).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heh, I will probably just remove my Focus badge. After going to the Octane Academy, I'll take off the garish red one and place the one they give me there on in the same spot (it's some less attention-grabbing color).
What are the stipulations for getting in on the academy?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
What are the stipulations for getting in on the academy?
Having purchased or leased a new Focus or Fiesta ST and registering for a class session within one year of purchasing the car (it was either one year from purchasing the car, or if you had an early 2013 Focus ST to 2014 Fiesta ST built and purchased before the first academy session which could have already been nearly a year ahead of the first class had the chance to register within 1 year of the first class in April 2014.

Anyone who purchased and took delivery of a NEW Ford Focus ST or Ford Fiesta ST will have one calendar year from the date of delivery to register and attend an ST Octane Academy program.

List of eligible participants who can attend STOA in place of the buyer:

Members of the immediate family of the buyer. "Immediate family" means the following relatives of the buyer:

Spouse
Parents
Spouse's parents
Grandparents
Spouse's grandparents
Sons and daughters (including in-laws and step-children)
Grandchildren
Brothers and sisters (including in-laws, half and step)
Same-sex domestic partners
Immediate family members of same-sex domestic partners
http://www.stoctaneacademy.com/register-now.html

The ST Octane Academy specific ST badges.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts