Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rollin' Hard
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys, so a while ago my crew (Blazin the Twistiez), we went to Blaze the twisties a little bit, but suddenly it started to rain then snow shower... long story short, in a curve, i ran into sand somehow while wet, so i lost control during the curve and hit a guardrail.. [mad]
unfortunately, this happened...

so i had some time for my baby to put it back to the streets ASAP, now all i got left to do is the body and paint...
fender, i could replace that easy, the problem is my rear fender..
i honestly dont think that any shop could take out that huge dent and put back the same designs that the fenders have...(both sides looking the same)
so i was thinking of going to a junk yard or something and cut the rear fender and weld it into my foci...
you guys think thats easier?...has someone else done it?... i know someone did it because he did the euro RS wide body or so he said... but I didnt have a chance to see it...

what do you guys recomend?... i would appreciate your help...

[thumb]

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
It is possible to replace it, but it isnt cost effective because it involves cutting off the old one,welding on the replacement, then smoothing out the weld points... Honestly, the cost would probably be more than if you were to just buy a new car.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
I always thought you had to cut and weld for the rear quarter panels if you want to replace?
How come the car is two different colors?

·
Registered
258 Posts
It looks to me that he has replaced the 00' front clip with a 04'+ front clip. I would assume he just hasn't color matched the car.

·
Rollin' Hard
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the 00 to 05-07 front end conversion... Then got the kaminari sides and rear, just wanted to get everything ready for paint... And for he mean time i just bought some blue paint...

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I'm a collision damage estimator.

You're asking about the "rear fender"?
A better picture would be nice, but from what you've posted it looks repairable.
Also, it's called a 'quarter panel', not a fender, and it's a welded-on part of the whole body structure. It's not bolted on like the front fender.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
My car got hit in a parking lot once and it looked just about the same. If you can get a good body shop, they should be able to get it looking just like new again. It just wasn't be cheap (mine was $1400 for the panel, a little bumper damage, and paint).

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
There is over 80 spot welds holding that panel on. So yes I would try to get it repaired before being replaced.

·
Rollin' Hard
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a collision damage estimator.

You're asking about the "rear fender"?
A better picture would be nice, but from what you've posted it looks repairable.
Also, it's called a 'quarter panel', not a fender, and it's a welded-on part of the whole body structure. It's not bolted on like the front fender.
that is right, im talking about the quarter panels...
heres another picture... i hope it helps...

·
Rollin' Hard
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It just wasn't be cheap (mine was $1400 for the panel, a little bumper damage, and paint).
was it 1400 for the paint of the quarter panel and bumper? or paint of the entire vehicle?...

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
$1,400 just for the quarter panel. U probably bent ur front strut and rear arms too. So probably a$2,500 job just to fix the damaged area so to an insurance company ur car is most likely considered a total loss

·
Rollin' Hard
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
$1,400 just for the quarter panel. U probably bent ur front strut and rear arms too. So probably a$2,500 job just to fix the damaged area so to an insurance company ur car is most likely considered a total loss
all that is fixed now..
although it did bent the front strut and inner tie rod... but thats it, the rear arms didnt got damaged at all... the fender and quarter panel is what got damaged the most...
good news is that i just talked to a guy who dedicates himself on auto collision, and told me that it is fixable and he will fix it for me... really nice guy...
we will see how it goes...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts