Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to find a few things on rear engine mounts but just couldn't find it. Anyways I finally decided to go with the VF enginering rear motor mount. I had heard that you get some vibration and what not but I was wondering since I don't have a tune to adjust the idle is the vibration really that bad?? Or is the positive result just outway the negative? Because I was really hesitant about it for awhile but I figured what the heck, thanks in advance for the feedback.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have it on a stock tune and the only time I can ever feel the vibration is when the car is still cold and it's sitting idle and even then it's really not bad at all, barely noticable for me. The positives on the other hand are numerous [:)]

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
From what i hear with just the rear engine mount the vibration is barely noticable....it's next on my mod's list after the intake.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh now I'm excited fellas! Yea because right now I am just not happy with the way she is shiting because I drove my buddies SVT with the rear mount and I was really displeased with my car after. I like seriously squaked all the way through 3rd with that rear mount. I was really pleased but Í couldn't remember if he had a tune. So pretty much my shifting will get smoother and I will be able to pull harder in between gears?? Oh yeah no more lock-out into 2nd right??

·
Registered
489 Posts
The big vibrations come from the driver and passenger mounts which pretty much hold all the weight from the engine. The rear mount just keeps the engine from rockin back and forth and really isnt weight bearing.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Right at 1000 RPM's I get a pretty noticeable vibration. I can live with that though much more than I could live with the loud "BANG" I'd get every time I'd shift hard from 1st to 2nd.

Definitely worth it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
It' the first mod I did...didn't notice the idle vibration. But I DID notice that I could shift way harder and faster without the tranny slammin' or wheel hop.

I've had it for over 35K and 2 years...money welll invested

·
Registered
784 Posts
I don't notice really notice much vibration.
Though since I often let my car sit for a couple weeks at a time (by product of being in the military and gone so often) when I first start the car and put it in reverse it does make a loud bang either when I go into reverse or from reverse into first.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I broke my VF Engineering mount, so I put the Prothane bushings in my stock mount. It seems to be holding up just fine, and actually doesn't seem to transmit as much vibration as the VF did.

·
Registered
511 Posts
It's a great mod, DO IT!!!!!!

For me, I only really noticed vibration when I turned on my AC, but since then I got a tune and raised the idle to 1025 RPM (kind of weird number I know, but it wouln't let me do 1000 even). No more jiggle.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
The only vibration I've noticed on my vf rear mount was for the first few days after install. Don't hear/feel any vibrations at idle or driving now. If installed right, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Did you all do this rear engine mount installation yourselves?

If so, what is involved with the installation? How difficult?

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Follow WD40's instructions. They're what I used and I had no problem.

H

·
0 Posts
I drove mine up on ramps and then supported the engine with a jack. Unbolted the old one, removed old one, put new one in, bolted new one in, remove jack support, drive off of ramps. Go for a test drive!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts