Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New FocusSVT owner here, and while i was out to get some groceries and a bulb for my fiance's VW, i got rear ended by a [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]ing mustang. I'm kind of biased, as i tend to NOT LIKE mustangs or mustang owners. So I'm pissed, ready to scream at someone, and this little old 60 year old lady gets out of the car. . .shit. . .I asked her if she was ok and what not, blah blah blah.

At any rate, I got hit at about 5mph at a red light while sitting in 1st with the clutch in. It was also wet. There is no visible damage, but I'm worried about cracked fascia clips and the exhasust system, as she hit the rear left of the car. As stated, I was sitting with the clutch in, so when I got hit my car moved forward. It was also wet, which helped keeping the abrasion of the bumpers down. Me moving helped transfer a BUNCH of the energy that would've cracked my rear fascia. None the less, still worried. Has anybody experienced this? What broke on yours, etc? I'm still new to this car and I'm not sure all that could've been affected, and I don't have a jack here so it's rough for me to get a real good look. There is a light popping noise in the rear now hitting smaller bumps.

[boxface] [mad]
-ryan

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
You are just going to get under there with a good drop light and check things out. Or take it to a bodyshop on her dime and get them to check it over. A good bodyman will see things you and I would never notice!!

Sorry to hear, it always sucks, but it really hurts when they are new.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i thought of that. My plan was to do just as you mentionged, and get under her and see what i can see. . .All of the seems and body gaps seems fine, no drastic changes. The hatch opens fine and all. . .I didn't even report the accident, but I'm thinking I'll call the local police to just let them know it happened in case something falls off down the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts