Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok pulled off spindle nut got wheel bearing puller,PBblaster. I have run puller on two wheel studs with bolt pushing against spindle. It will not budge broke off abs attachment bolt, awesome...that's how it comes apart correct. What am I missing? I'm out a car losing my mind. Any help will help

·
Registered
374 Posts
Make sure ebrake cable isn't sticking holding the shoes out. Those drums usually have a monster ridge, but how I've always taken them off is a slide hammer on the tool instead of the press bolt.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pulled them off using baking plate bolts. But I need to get off abs ring and try to save spindle. The hub is part of drum correct? My zx3 was not this bad.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hub is part of drum. Abs ring you can pop off with a flatblade screwdriver and tap back on. Sounds like bearing is seized to spindle

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just used bizzaro superman strength the whole back of hub is still on spindle inbeaded in the ring along with the bearing drum is in my hand. I guess I need to get a set of spindles, drums with bearings pressed and shoes. Do I need to save c clip?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Try and have the spindle pressed out of the bearing no way to save the c clip unless the spindle can be separates from the bearing

·
Registered
374 Posts
Nah cclip only holds bearing in drum. Only thing that's holding that drum on is the corrosion between the bearing and spindle. And the nut of course ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts