Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just recently started to get a loud squeak in the driver rear of the car. I cannot figure out what it is, so I am looking for some guidance...? It is MUCH more obvious at slow speeds, over good sized bumps. It is bothering me, and making me worry, as it is pretty loud, and just came out of nowhere.

I did try rocking the car, and when it was on a flat surface, it made the noise. On an incline, I cannot reproduce the noise at all by rocking it. Sometimes when I am inside, it sounds like its almost right next to me. I am at a loss. I searched, and heard that it can ave someting to do with the e-brake cables, but I did look under there, and at the point where they attach to the subframe, everything looks tight at least. Nothing looks worn or anything. Neither did the struts. So...any ideas? Thanks.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i did look at that thread, but this is a 2005, so a different setup (maybe?) and its not a clunk...its like a creak/squeak, like rubber almost. These are the stock ST setup, all stock, nothing new put in.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I think it's the same set up for all years. It gets worse, at least in my case. I don't know if it is the same issue/squeak or not. Mine is also all stock. Try FJ they have couple treads on this too.
I got that clunk first on one side then on the other. Drove me nuts. Got P-51 shims, and they eliminated that, but they make noises themselves.
The most strange thing to me is at high speeds above 30-40mph there are no noises.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, yeah, im brining it to the dealer too, just hoping i could find some info b4hand. good idea to look at the jet. im gonna do that too. its really annoying me. anyone else?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jeez guys, noone else has any input?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, looks like i figured it out...and maybe why the rear end seems so sloppy....the drivers rear shock is leaking. any idea how much these things are?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks, he was the first guy i called lol. sadly, hes out today, so i cant get z info....was hoping people would know on here.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, well, not sure if anyone is paying attn to this thread (which is why i usually only post in DT perf....more replies there), but i was looking at getting the svt kit. so, i call about it, and am told that the ST has the upgraded tokico shocks in rear. says motorcraft on them, but they are made by tokico. so i will use those.

i also found out that my premium care covers them anyways. so, i will be having them all done for free! woohoo. might have them do the brakes too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts