Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys one of my rear doors (driver side) won't lock anymore. cant move the lock at all either. has this happened to anyone else? anyone know what it might be? I wanted to get some info on what it might be before I take apart the door or bring it to a mechanic. I drive a 07 se sedan. any input would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my car, ford replaced it under warranty. It had something to do with the power locks they told me? Even though I couldn't physically lock it by hand either. If I find the work order I'll let you know whT they replaced.

·
Registered
609 Posts
This exactly happened to me before too. I bought a replacement from the dealer I was working at,
but after a while of spraying with grease. It fixed itself and I returned the part. Try to keep all your doors lubed up (don't use wd-40). Hope it works that part wasn't cheap. Just give it some time if you
Can wait and spray the living $[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] out of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. im going out tomorrow and buying some mechanics grease. hopefully it will work because the last thing i need is to replace an expensive part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
same problem

Ok, as of 20 minutes ago, I'm experiencing the exact same problem. As I can't even manually lock the rear door on the driver's side, I did spray with wd-40 as I had it with me.
Does not seem to have worked and I noticed in the post above it said not to use that. If someone could tell me specifically what kind of grease to go get and if i need to take any of the door apart to apply it, I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I also have this issue with my 06. Ford issued a recall about this for the 05's but none others. It really makes me mad that they will not expand this recall.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That same thing happened to me not too long ago. I took the lock apart and it looked fine and wasn't stuck. I noticed, however, that the gears weren't quite in range for it to work. (Its one of those things that's too hard to explain without showing you.) Anyways, I think its kinda like how they have the reset procedure to recalibrate the sunroof because after a while it gets out of whack. After a long time of accumulated errors it just isn't in the right place anymore. So I just played around with it to find where I thought the gears should be and put it back together. Its been probably 6 months and it hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't remember exactly, probably should have taken pictures. From what I remember, I had to take the inside panel out and it was right there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow!. i thought it was just my 06 that has this problem. I didnt find any TSB for this year model focus on the web.

I just got my Focus exactly a month ago, and we got the Extended Service plan with it, would they be able to replace/fix this though its an 06 model?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ran into the same problem did anybody have this issue that was covered by a recall?

it seems just the latching of the door is part of the recall?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Just happened to me again!! I took the lock apart and the little plastic gear was Jamed moved it with the switch while it was opened and put it all back together and it works like new!

·
Registered
1 Posts
my focus zx4 2005 has the same problem, after i press lock button on the remote, rear door won't lock. i noticed that at least four years ago. take to dealer, asked for $189 to check it.
I thought it is a defect, isn't it ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have this issue on both of my rear doors now. Can anyone help out by telling us how to fix this without having to take to the dealer?

I found this!
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/joecamel90/2010-03-11_203655_latch.pdf

Looks like a walk through to get to and remove the lock assembly. Obviously, the PDF covers the front doors but the rear doors are probably close to the same. I don't have a garage so does anyone want to try this out?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lube didn't work then do this please:)

My 2007 ford focus rear door also will not lock manually or with the remote. Report this issue on Safercar.gov https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/ This is a safety issue because our kids can just open the rear door because you have no ability to lock the door and/or use the child safety lock feature. This happened to my 2007 Focus and dealer asked for $500. Please report all car issues to the people who force the Auto companies we just bailed out to fix our cars. You are leaving the public at risk. If your kid or a disabled passenger opens the door moving down the highway and falls out of the car because of this issue; Ford is going to pay big time lawsuits on this one. REPORT REPORT REPORT!!! Will you help each other and submit your car safety issues to the authorities? Please let me know if there is something else I can do to get FORD to Fix this issue![???:)]

·
Registered
10 Posts
The left rear door on my '05 just started the same problem. the door opens and closes just fine, i just can't lock or unlock it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts