Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sick and tired of my back seat being pitch black at night since the map lights in the front didn't do much for illumination. So I took a dome light out of the junkyard and wired it up, stuck an led bulb in it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
nice i to have been thinking of doing this but im not sure if my head liner has that bump right there or i just have never noticed it what car did you get that out of looks about the right size that im looking for

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The light came out of a (IIRC) 93 Suzuki Sidekick. The bump in the headliner is around the radio antenna bolt but its much larger than needed to clear it. The headliner is pretty easy to pull down and I just spliced into the wires for the front dome/map light

·
Registered
725 Posts
cool ill have to find one...any night time shots?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

My phone doesn't do awesome in the dark, so for comparison here is the stock front light

·
Registered
725 Posts
ok thanks ill have to keep an eye out for this car when i go to the junk yards this weekend if i have time lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just looking through all the cars for a small surface mount style light (rather than set into the headliner), so there might be other options for you as well

·
Registered
725 Posts
yea im sure there is when i had this idea my plan was to find one that was like the map lights where you could push one on at a time or all at once with the doors or the switch, then it was one on either side where the "oh [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]" handles would be on a four door, but yours looked more reasonable and small as well i will keep an eye out but ill keep the car you got yours out of in the back of my mind when i cant find one lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts