Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been posted a bazillion times but, I just can't seem to find it.

I live in Pothole Hell, USA so I'm getting rid of dented busted 17's and backing down to 16's. Now my problem, I want rear disk brakes but the SVT setup needs 17's. Anyone got a fix?

Next up sence I'm going back down in size I need a wheel/ tire size reminder (offset, backspaceing, ect.) to work with said brake set up.

Thanks.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Now my problem, I want rear disk brakes but the SVT setup needs 17's. Anyone got a fix?
^^^Not sure where you heard that, but 16" wheels are no problem on SVT brakes.
In fact, most SVT owners that run a dedicated winter wheel/tire setup use 16" wheels.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Front and back? What about wheel fitment and offset?

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Yes.
16" fit just fine on both the front and back.
It's 15" wheels that start causing problems on the SVT brakes.
There's only 1 or 2 models that will fit without extensive modifications.

For your "fitment" question:
See the sticky ("read first") in this same forum area.
Or...click here...>>> Ford Focus Wheel & Tire Information

·
Registered
18 Posts
say you wanted to run 15's for better ride, less bent rims and still desired to do the rear disc conversion. Couldn't you just run a smaller rottor in the rear and still fit your 15's or is the problem the caliper? I guess I'm wondering b/c I just went from 16's to 15's and I have no space issue on the front.

·
Registered
415 Posts
^^^^The SVT has a 300MM rotor and a big caliper and the rears wouldnt be an issue. You have alot smaller brakes where a 15" or even 14" isnt an issue because your breaks are 268 or something MM I think. Even 05 with 287mm rotor can be shoved behiond a 14" if needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts