Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO ALL! I am new to this site. VERY IMPRESSIVE!! Lot's of very useful information. I can't wait to explore further!

I had a quick question (I hope I am posting this in the right section). I am buying an 07 Focus ZX3 SES. I can't wait to take delivery of the car! My question is this. I noticed on the Ford website that there are 4-wheel disc brakes available as part of the Safety Package upgrade for the '07 models. My understanding was that the 4-wheel discs only came on the ST package. But if you look under the "Options" section on the Focus website, it states that 4-wheel discs are part of the upgraded Safety Package. Does anyone own an '07 with 4-wheel discs that is not an ST? The dealer that I am buying it from has said that his internal options documentation from Ford does not show 4-wheel discs available on anything but the ST.

I just bought an '04 SE Auto for my wife with the safety package and hers does not have the 4-wheel discs.

Thanks in advance for the advise,
Todd

·
Registered
471 Posts
Just checked the site. The saftey package is Anti-lock brakes, not 4 wheel disc brakes. Maybe you were looking at the ST package. Sorry man.

Welcome to the site by the way.

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
WELCOME!!! I have no clue, esp now since I am riding around with no brakes and skidding everywhere very dangerously. [paranoid] [hihi]

[wave] ENJOY THE FORUMS!!!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Taken from fordvehicles.com (in the HANDLING options)
power 4-wheel disc with anti-lock (standalone option for S model only; part of optional Safety Package for SE, SES and ST)

·
Registered
672 Posts
It's possible that the dealer only wants to sell what's immediately available, and will talk you out of the 4 wheel disc setup. They don't like special orders because they have to wait longer for your cash. Insist on it if it's a legitimate Ford option, or go somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
yeah, don't settle for whats on the lot. if you are buying a brand new car i say go all out, get every option you want (or can afford if you're not financing). it's going to be brand new, you don't want to be disappointed with a brand new car. special order the color and interior and all the options you want.

at least thats how i would do it.

well good luck and welcome to FF!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts