Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Ford Focus, SE (sedan) with rear disc brakes....They are starting to squeak and "rust" so I am looking to either replace them with newer drum brakes or Hopefully find a way to convert them to disc...Anyone know how to do this??? Any info would be helpful thanks!

·
Registered
456 Posts
There is a thread showing how to do this, the swap is pretty easy and should take you only a few hours. by the way do you have drums orr discs? if yopu have the discs keep them, they will always outperform the drums.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Well now that its cleared up you should try going to the junkyard, find a wrecked zts model with rear discs, get the calipers,hubs, e-brake cable, buy new brake hoses and rotors. this is a pretty easy mod unless you want functional abs, in that case youll also want the hub sensors, abs computer, the wire harness and the relay for the fusebox. All these parts bolt right on and will make a huge improvment in your stopping distances, the other alternative would be to go to the dealer and buy the parts from them. It will cost around $900.00 for all the parts.
I hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts