Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to get a rear disc brake conversion done for my Focus, but I can only find one company (SSBC) that sells the kit, and I need to have a minimum 17" wheel. The issue with that is that I'm going to be putting on an Eibach Sport-Plus suspension kit next week which will drop it by about an inch. Will I be able to upgrade to a 17" and still have clearance?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Yes you can for your tire size use either a 215/45/17 or 205/40/17 most people use the 215/45/17

·
Captain TMI
21,227 Posts
You don't need 17" wheels to convert to SVT or Advancetrac rear brakes.
He's right, get the Ford kit. You should still be able to find a Ford Dealer with these parts available. You can also hit up junkyards or check our Buy/Sell/Trade forum. The SVT brake kit will require at least 16 if not 17" wheels up front, but not in the rear. The ST kit uses slightly smaller rotors in the front allowing all factory wheels.

·
So mote be it
8,800 Posts
Yes you can for your tire size use either a 215/45/17 or 205/40/17 most people use the 215/45/17
Most use a 215/45/17 or 205/45/17, most people using a 40 series are going very low and need the extra clearance, as it lowers the diameter close to an inch.

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Ford dealers will not have the kits. None of them do. The kit is not made anymore cuz they stopped producing the caliper mounting bracket. That being said you can still get the hubs w/bearings, spindles and calipers along with ebrake cable from the dealers. As mentioned just check the bst forums. Have seen them pop up fairly regularly as of late. And with the svt rear you can use 16" wheels no problem.

·
Mining in the cave
5,934 Posts
Ford dealers will not have the kits. None of them do. The kit is not made anymore cuz they stopped producing the caliper mounting bracket. That being said you can still get the hubs w/bearings, spindles and calipers along with ebrake cable from the dealers. As mentioned just check the bst forums. Have seen them pop up fairly regularly as of late. And with the svt rear you can use 16" wheels no problem.
The Advancetrac parts are still available individually from Ford.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts