Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
saved from the grave
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I don't know if there is supposed to be a cupholder insert for the rear of the center console, so with an extra driver insert I made one. Its not perfect, but ALOT easier to clean if the kids ever use it:

·
saved from the grave
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A razor blade and about 5 minutes, trimmed all the tabs that are vertical and used scissors for the rest of it. The console has a "slope", but overall I am pleased with it. When I asked my wife about how it looked, she said "You mean it wasn't already there?" So it must look pretty good.

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
A razor blade and about 5 minutes, trimmed all the tabs that are vertical and used scissors for the rest of it. The console has a "slope", but overall I am pleased with it. When I asked my wife about how it looked, she said "You mean it wasn't already there?" So it must look pretty good.
haha that reaction is how you know you did a good job! [thumb]

·
saved from the grave
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly! She is a very observant person as well. I had to deep clean the car when I got it 2 weeks ago, and the slob that owned it before me had no idea what soap and water was!!! The inside of that cupholder got the pressure washer treatment when I took the console out of the car!!!!

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
Exactly! She is a very observant person as well. I had to deep clean the car when I got it 2 weeks ago, and the slob that owned it before me had no idea what soap and water was!!! The inside of that cupholder got the pressure washer treatment when I took the console out of the car!!!!
that sucks! Yeah alot of people dont take care of their focuses. :( The lady I bought mine from traveled with her cat everywhere....[bigcry] It took months for all of the hair to come out. lol Every time I would vacuum more would appear!

·
Registered
52 Posts
that sucks! Yeah alot of people dont take care of their focuses. :( The lady I bought mine from traveled with her cat everywhere....[bigcry] It took months for all of the hair to come out. lol Every time I would vacuum more would appear!
I think the guy who had mine before me had a dog in his car a lot...and well the dog got a bit car sick it seems on the rear driver side carpet.....NASTY!

·
saved from the grave
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well after taking out the seats and the center console and using a shampoo machine with a upholstery attatchment, the inside literally smells and looks like new. Not a single stain anywhere. Took 2 days but it was worth it for sure.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well after taking out the seats and the center console and using a shampoo machine with a upholstery attatchment, the inside literally smells and looks like new. Not a single stain anywhere. Took 2 days but it was worth it for sure.
I tired and it still has the smell on some days....I gave in and got some carpet out of a parts car...The swap will be soon.

·
saved from the grave
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good idea, my next thought was a new headliner and new carpet, but I was lucky and 95% of the smell is out, I shoot some Ozium in the clean air cabin filter with the blower fan going from time to time, it does wonders!!!

·
FUBARCUS
7,763 Posts
I'm a firm believer in Febreeze or febreeze like products. I used it in my Focus a lot when I smoked and you can barely tell it was smoked in ever.

·
Registered
43 Posts
O.N.A. (Order Neturalizer Agent) as a liquid works well and is industrial. I put some in a pump sprayer and spray the infected areas. Turn the fan on high and close windows for a few. Then let dry with windows down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts