Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my left rear wheel looks like I installed a camber kit. I've done seem reading because almost all older focuses I've seen look like this. A loot of people say ford designed this with excessive rear camber? Or do I have a worn bushing some where... Upper control arm. My left rear tire is leaning in

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Just on the left rear? It could very well be a bushing, but I haven't seen those bushings w/ lot of wear. Hows the other side look like? Its typical to see some negative camber. Is your car lowered? I have 1.5/1.6 degrees negative in the rear w/ no tire wear issues.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Then I'd pull the LR wheel off & have a look.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks like the upper control arm bushing is worn. I'll replace with a set of adjustable control arms. However I may replace the car all together. Found a nice newer focus at a local ford dealer

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Newer focus being a what yr? '10-'11? Or a '12+? If '12+, a stick I'd have no issues w/ that. If a '12+ auto, I'd make sure you read all the issues that they've had & have that one really checked out & drive it & see how or what you think about the way it shifts. Just a heads up...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a 08 with a auto trans. Yeah the 12+ automatics are no good. Something with the double clutch set up or something. I also have a oil pressure problem I can't figure out

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
It's a 08 with a auto trans. Yeah the 12+ automatics are no good. Something with the double clutch set up or something. I also have a oil pressure problem I can't figure out
If your looking for a mk2, I'd be looking at a '10-'11 ses. Great you already knew about the mk3 trans issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts