Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
purchased this car with 11k on the clock. Absolutely love it! It Was literally Showroom new. Now it has 15k on it.
Got a CLUNK going on in the rear suspension @ low speeds. More on passenger side. Sounded like sway bar links...& I actually swapped sway bar links & bushings just because it was an Easy cheap job. Even though Old ones looked perfect..
It's Still clunking. The car literally looks new underneath still. No rust or anything. It's Never seen a michigan winter. What the hell could it be?

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,350 Posts
Check the upper shock mount. Also make sure the emergency brake cable is attached to the trailing arm and not bouncing around.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. Kinda strange a car with only 15k would have this issue. Gonna dig into it tomorrow!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys are the best. Took the shock off(shock is good) and replaced the bushings with these bushings & washers I had left over. Had to shave one of them down. Zero clunk now. Wouldn't have thought they could be bad after only 15,000 miles. But the car is an '07 so makes sense. Appreciate the valuable info

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,350 Posts
You guys are the best. Took the shock off(shock is good) and replaced the bushings with these bushings & washers I had left over. Had to shave one of them down. Zero clunk now. Wouldn't have thought they could be bad after only 15,000 miles. But the car is an '07 so makes sense. Appreciate the valuable info
Good job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts