Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, someone smacked my rear end the other day. i'm looking into replacements, but thought i may as well upgrade while i'm at it. a lot of the body kits i'm seeing, though, just want to add a rear valance. so, what are my options? here's the 2 i know of so far:

SVT-might look cool, and should bolt right up, right?

Euro- not sure if the body shop will do the work necessary to make this bumper fit, but man it looks cool.

so, what else is out there?

Mike

·
Registered
148 Posts
Do the Euro. it's not that hard to get ii on go to www.batinc.net they have what you will need in a kit.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, but the shop wouldn't do it and i don't feel like messing with trying to find one that will and then trying to sneak it into the crash settlement. thanks for the advice, though.

Mike

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
i would have said SVT too mike, whered you get yours and how much it run you?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here's the funny part. i just went back to the body shop and asked about the bumpers. i asked about euro, and he said he'd do it if i could get it to him. at least that's what he said up until the point where i started explaining what all would have to be done. so then we started talking SVT. he was all for it, pending the price. he looked it up and found his price on it is $15 less than what it would have cost him to order my rear bumper anyway! that pretty much sealed the deal. i assured him it should slap right up there (which i'm pretty sure it does), and he said "fine." so, i guess i'm still getting a little out of this whole mess.

Mike

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dunno. this is all being paid for by insurance (the other party's), so i'm not paying too mcuh attention to cost. if it helps, the estimate shows 1.4 hrs of labor for removal and installation, and 2.8 for paint. ....... oh wait, found it. it says $55/hr for paint labor, and $28/hr for paint (not sure what the difference is). i'll definetely post pics when i get it back. it'll have a couple other mods i've been waiting to show off (volant, smoked corners and turn signals, FF windshield banner)

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts