Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i noticed a few weeks back that the SVT wasn't stopping like it used to. i also had noticed the rear disc were getting rusty and staying rusty all the time. i inspected the pads and they looked like new. my first instinct was that the calipers were shot. so i got my self a two new rear calipers, rotors, and pads. install was fairly easy, bled them both out and then took it for a ride. well the pedal was super spongy and do not stop well at all. so i took it home and re-bled the rears again. that fixed the spongy pedal, but now after putting 50 miles on the breaks i still can see the cross hatching in the rotors like they had just come out of the box. that tells me there not working at all. E-brake works great. anyone have any ideas why just the rears are not working?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
brake fluid is full, no dash lights and i can feel the rubber brake line pressurize when the pedal is pressed. i asked the mechanic at my work what it could be, he suggested the possibility that the piston could be pushed in to far and not allowing any fluid in? i guess thats a possibility.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
That's very rare. Especially both sides. Just for my own shits and giggles. Drive around the block and just use parking brake to stop. Tell us if both rotors clean the rust off.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i can pull the e-brake at 25mph and lock the rears right up. so that's workin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts