Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the base model SE package, so it came with rear drum brakes. and ive seen on RDC that they have a conversion to disc rears.

Just wondering if anyone has done this conversion and did you do it yourself or have a shop install it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I have the base model SE package, so it came with rear drum brakes. and ive seen on RDC that they have a conversion to disc rears.

Just wondering if anyone has done this conversion and did you do it yourself or have a shop install it?
Wondering the same. I have that package. Those drum brakes are ugly. I hear it's a pretty penny for the conversion. Hope someone can tell us different

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wondering the same. I have that package. Those drum brakes are ugly. I hear it's a pretty penny for the conversion. Hope someone can tell us different
At least someone agrees with me on them being ugly. But they do the job. I plan to eventually get new wheels that have a more open look to them and don't want the attention to be diverted straight to the drums in the back since they are quite ugly.

But on rebel devil they have the kit for 806.09 + shipping for OE pads/rotors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Exactly why I'd change them too. I don't have a problem with their functions. Don't know if I would want to spend $800 just so other people can look at a caliper and disk haha

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. I also am usually hauling along 2+ full suspension mtn bikes along with their riders. It'd be nice to let some stress off the fronts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah. I also am usually hauling along 2+ full suspension mtn bikes along with their riders. It'd be nice to let some stress off the fronts
Yeah! You could always get the front rotor. They sell them drilled and slotted on ebay. That will help your braking performance. I think that's what I'm going to do for now.

·
Registered
985 Posts
try a junk yard. If you can find an mk3 you can just swap stuff over for way cheaper then 800+.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Brakes, Chassis & Suspension for a better fit & more looks

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts