Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier today I took the car over to a friends places that had a garage and pulled the rear drums and compared the thickness of the shoes on the old ones and the new ones to find out that it didn't need shoes so I'm glad I didn't let the shop go own on and replace them. But I noticed something on the passenger side drum that has me kinda worried but I wanted to ask everyone here if I right or not. I noticed something that looks like heat scores on the bearing but I due have a little noise but I really can't tell if its tire noise or wheel bearing noise. The noise changes a small amount the faster you go but you don't hear it till about 30 MPH. Also I will upload a few pics of the bearing so everyone get a good idea of what I'm talking about. The driver side bearing didn't have this discoloration to it. The pics are the inner and outer part of the bearing.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
the passenger side rear wheel bearing is notorious mine just went for the second time this time my wheel came off luckily i was idleing at the time because she was loose i just needed to get home

like clockwork at about 50,000 miles the passenger side bearing fails
replacing the drum with bearing/hub already pressed in will fix it fastest $50 at most autopart stores

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Picture just shows rust where some moisture got in, nothing to worry about by itself.

If a little grease was smeared on when reinstalled it wouldn't do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts