Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as im putting on my new power slot rotors & hawk hps pads (pics later in another thread) i noticed that my rear bakes are still clamped to my old rotors even tho the e-brake is off and disconnected.

Any one have any ideas on whats up or are they suposed to be like that?

·
Registered
87 Posts
The pads should be snug on the rotors, but not tight. As long as you can spin the rotor with your hand with the caliper still on the car, you should be ok. Just make sure that the spring that pulls the parking brake lever back is still installed on the caliper. Both of mine were missing causing the lever not to retract all the way. Just remember, the pistons spin back into the caliper.

J

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
The wheel should spin easily when the E-Brake is off. If it doesn't, it will drag and overheat, maybe warp the rotor.

When you installed the new pads, the piston should have been depressed fully. On the Focus it turns (spins) to depress.......different from a front brake caliper.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
x3 on the rear pistons. The rear pistons have to be "screwed in" on the SVT's. You will need an adapter for your ratchet that you can pick up at most automotive parts stores. After the pistons are fully disengaged, you should have plenty of room for the rotors to spin.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got it all done yesterday.. yea i got that tool and everything went smoothly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts